Indian Food is known for its accompaniments, the pickles, papads, yogurt based dips and a host of other side dish frills. This recipe is one I use very often specially as a substitution for my chips and dip at parties.
This dip is so versatile and easy I prepare it as an accompaniment to Khichdi, Poha, and obviously with Biryani. Matha as we call it at home is thickened yogurt with Indian spices.
- Low fat Yogurt – 300 grams
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – ½ bunch finely chopped
- Chilies – 2 Pcs finely chopped
- onions – 1 small finely chopped
- Chaat masala – 2 tsp
- Cumin / Jeera Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Kashmiri Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Tie the yogurt in a muslin cloth or let it stand in a strainer for 2 hours. This will allow the water to separate from the yogurt making it thicker
- Next add the Onions, Cumin Powder, Kashmiri Chili Powder, Chaat Masala, Green Chilies and Salt and stir it to make sure no lumps form
- Next add the coriander leaves and refrigerate. Serve Cold