It’s that time of year again, Summer’s here and going away
So, cut the fruits and butter the pans, lemon is this season’s plan
Prep the oven’s, mittens on. Its time to bake from sun to dawn.
Summer always seems to make me put my baking shoes on. It’s the season of Pies and Cookies, Apple crumble and this recipe of Lemon Squares. I have never been able to make the perfect batch of lemon squares until now where I can proudly say that the filling is perfectly gooey and the crust buttery and crumbly. Results that I have achieved after a number of additions and subtraction from all the recipes I have used in the past. I am proud to say I have finally found the perfect balance of flavor and consistency in these BawaLiciousDelicious Lemon Squares.
• ALL- PURPOSE FLOUR – 2 CUPS
• CONFECTIONERS SUGAR – 1 CUP
• SALTED BUTTER – 2 STICKS
• GRANULATED SUGAR – 2 CUPS
• ALL PURPOSE FLOUR – ¼ CUP
• BAKING POWDER – 1 TSP
• EGGS – 4
• LEMON JUICE – ½ CUP
• PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 350° F AND BUTTER THE BASE OF A 9 X 13 INCH PAN
• IN A BOWL SIFT THE ALL PURPOSE FLOUR WITH THE CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR
• ADD 2 STICKS OF MELTED BUTTER, THIS SHOULD RESULT TO APPROXIMATELY 1 CUP OF MELTED BUTTER
• STIR THE MIXTURE AND LAYER IT IN A PAN. USE YOUR HANDS TO ACHIEVE A PERFECT LAYER AT THE BASE
• BAKE THIS IN THE OVEN FOR 20 MIN OR TILL NICE AND GOLDEN. TO ACHIEVE A CHEWY BASE REDUCE BAKING TIME TO 15 MIN
• IN THE MEAN WHILE, IN ANOTHER BOWL BEAT EGGS TILL LIGHT AND FLUFFY
• IN ANOTHER BOWL, SIFT THE SUGAR, FLOUR AND THE BAKING POWDER TO MAKE SURE NO LUMPS ARE VISIBLE, THEN ADD IT TO THE BEATEN EGGS
• STIR IN THE LEMON JUICE AND POUR THE MIXTURE INTO THE BAKED CRUST
• BAKE AT 350° F FOR 35 MINUTES UNTIL BARS ARE SET.