The Malabar soup has an audacious attitude, rich in flavor it brings the taste of India home.
Add a dollop of cream and this recipe turns into a little piece of rich paradise but in an effort to keep the weight off I used coconut milk instead and it has changed the way I will make this soup forever.
A Note for all my vegan friends I would substitute chicken with any or a combination of the vegetables below. Take your pick.
- Green beans
- Brinjal/ Eggplant
- Chopped Boneless Chicken Breast – 1 Pc.
- Tandoori Masala Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Ground Cashew Powder – 2 Tbsps.
- Garlic Ginger Paste – ½ Tsp.
- Onion – 1 Chopped
- Lal Masala Paste – 1 Tbsp.
- Coconut Milk – 1½ Cup’s
- Fry the onions in 2 Tsp. of oil, then add the ginger garlic paste.
- Add the Lal Masala Paste,Tandoori Masala Powder; Stir the ingredients so that all the masala blends with the onions
- Next add the chicken and cook for 5 – 7 minutes on a medium flame
- (Do not cover the dish)
- Next add the cashew powder and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Next 1 Tbsp. at a time, add the coconut milk and stir gently after every addition.
- Continue to cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the chicken has cooked.